Fly rides FAQs>
Have a question for us? You can probably find the answer below! If not, you can reach us HERE on our contact page.
About the eBikes
An electric bike is simply a bicycle equipped with a small and quiet electric motor.
Electric bikes require no fossil fuels and therefore are extremely Quiet, Clean, and Green!
Instead of a gas motor, electric bikes use a battery to supply power to the motor.
In our experience there’s a huge variety of people who love riding electric bikes. They are for everyone who feels comfortable riding a traditional bicycle, and our most frequent customers are:
• Mountain bikers who want more fun!
• Anyone that wants an eco-friendly way to get around
• House boat or yacht owners
• RV travelers
• High school and college kids
• Those without a driver’s license
• Urban dwellers who don’t want to find and pay for parking
Some ways our happy customers use their electric bikes:
• Commuting to work
• Running errands
• Joy riding
• Shredding some singletrack!
Not all electric bikes utilize the same technology, but most employ the two types of motor assist. • Pedal Assist: Pedal Assist Mode is a great option for those looking to treat their electric bike as a traditional bike with a little help (or a lot) from the motor. In this mode the motor kicks in when the rider pedals. You can select different levels of assist to allow for more or less help from the motor.
• Throttle & Go: If the bike comes equipped with this mode it is not necessary for the rider to pedal. Just twist and go! We love this mode when riding in town. The more you pedal the further you can go on a charge. It is also worth noting that our electric bikes have gears and are easy to ride without the help of the motor. If somehow you do run out of battery, you can still get home!
Most importantly because they’re fun! Whether you have an injury, a long commute, or you just want to save your energy for the rest of your day, an electric bike is a great way to get where you’re going without getting sweaty. If you just feel a need for speed, you’ll be amazed at how far and how fast you can travel with a motor on board.